Waveny House was constructed in 1912 for the Lewis Lapham family and sits majestically overlooking three hundred acres of Connecticut countryside. The house was designed by W.B. Tubbs of Greenwich. The gardens and grounds were laid out by Frederick Law Olmstead, Jr., of Boston, a well-known landscape architect. Mrs. Lapham named Waveny House after the Waveny River in England where Lapham ancestors had once lived. This historic site does not have air conditioning, and tenting is not allowed.
CAPACITY 160 persons